If you’re tempted to cheat Pancake Day and buy some that are ready-made – stop right there! Put the shop-bought pancakes down and check out these flipping great recipes…
We’ve picked out our favorite sweet, savory, and vegan pancakes that you can make for the whole family without any fuss.
What’s the secret to great-tasting pancakes?
The FlavorStone, of course! With the Pan That Can, you can whip up a stack of light and fluffy pancakes in no time.
You can use the FlavorStone on gas, induction, electric, and ceramic hobs, as well as in your oven and on your grill – it’s the perfect choice for cooking all kinds of foods and dishes.
This state-of-the-art pan has been designed with a square shape and deep walls, so you have more space to cook all your ingredients at once. This also means less spillage and time spent cleaning up. The FlavorStone’s superior heat conductivity will rapidly heat up the entire surface of the pan to ensure your food is cooked evenly throughout.
Its non-stick coating means you won’t leave any pancake at the bottom of the pan! You don’t need to add any oil when cooking either. You can easily remove food and wipe it clean. And that’s not all, the FlavorStone has a ‘quick release, cool touch’ handle that allows you to move the pan from hob to oven quickly and safely, and stores it away easily when you’ve finished prepping.
American Blueberry Pancakes
If you want to go all guns blazing this Pancake Day, take inspiration from our friends across the pond. Stacked tall, fluffy, and served with a drizzle of maple syrup, this quintessential American breakfast is a tasty way to celebrate.
- 200 g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- 300 ml milk
- Knob butter
- 150 g pack blueberry
- Maple syrup
- Pour the self-raising flour, baking powder, and a pinch of salt into a bowl and mix together.
- Beat the egg with the milk, make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and whisk in the milk to make a thick smooth batter.
- Beat in the butter, and gently stir in half of the 150 g pack of blueberries.
- Heat the FlavorStone on medium heat and pour a large tbsp of the mixture into the pan to make a small-sized pancake.
- Cook for 3 minutes until small bubbles appear on the surface of each pancake, then turn and cook another 2-3 minutes until golden.
- Keep them warm while you use up the rest of the batter.
- Serve with golden or maple syrup and the rest of the blueberries.
Sometimes savory pancakes are often overlooked on Pancake Day. But if you don’t have much of a sweet tooth, they’re a great alternative. We’ve chosen a classic combination of ham and cheese, but there are many savory options out there if you’d prefer to see some greens on your plate.
- 200 g plain flour
- 2 large eggs
- 500 ml milk
- 130 g ham, cut into small chunks
- 150 g cheddar cheese, grated
- Using electric beaters or a hand whisk, combine the flour, eggs, and milk with a big pinch of salt in a large bowl.
- Heat your FlavorStone pan until very hot, then pour a little oil into the pan. Swirl the pan so the oil creates an even covering. Ladle a spoonful of the pancake mixture into the pan and tip the pan so the mixture fills the pan in an even layer. Cook for 30 seconds, then flip and scatter with some cheese and ham, and cook until the cheese is melting. Add a crack of black pepper and fold. Keep on a plate covered with foil in a warm oven while you make the remaining pancakes.
You might be wondering how you can achieve light, fluffy pancakes without milk, eggs, and butter… but we’ve got the recipe you need to make your free-from Pancake Day treat. All you need to worry about is what topping you’ll choose! Who says vegans can’t celebrate Shrove Tuesday?
- 300 g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 400 ml plant-based milk (oat, almond, or soya)
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil for cooking
- Toppings: Banana slices, blueberries, maple syrup, vegan chocolate chips, plant-based yogurt
- Pour the flour, baking powder, sugar, vanilla extract, and a pinch of salt in a bowl and whisk together until mixed. Slowly pour in the milk until you get a smooth, thick batter.
- Heat the FlavorStone over medium-low heat, and add 2 tbsp of the mixture into the pan at a time to form small, round pancakes. Repeat this in two-three batches at a time. Cook for 3-4 mins until the edges are set, and bubbles are appearing on the surface. Flip the pancakes over and cook for another 2-3 mins until golden and cooked through.
- Carefully remove from the pan and keep them warm in a low oven while you cook the rest.
- Serve stacked with lots of toppings of your choice.